Who can register?
To be eligible to register you must be of Patuharakeke descent and 18 years old or over.
- Beneficiaries of Patuharakeke descent aged 18 years & over will be eligible to vote in three-yearly trustee elections
- To be notified of important issues and decisions affecting Patuharakeke
- To receive information of benefits that you may be entitled to eg. Tertiary Education Grants/Scholarships.
- The Patuharakeke Register is also a valuable tool for assisting people seeking to re-establish contact with their ancestral “roots” and the consent of the enrolee is required before such people are referred to him/her.
Your personal information/details is confidential. It will be held securely.
- As many of us affiliate to more than one hapu we wish to clarify that registering your affiliation with Patuharakeke does not mean you cannot also register with other hapu and iwi entities.
- We understand that some registrants may not know all their whakapapa – the only essential field to complete is to name a parent or grandparent who is Patuharakeke.